Cranberry Cream Cheese French Toast
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 12 cups cubed French bread (about 12 ounces)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Additional maple syrup, optional
- Arrange half of the bread in a single layer in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with cream cheese and spoonfuls of cranberry sauce. Top with remaining bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 1/3 cup syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended. Pour over casserole. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Remove casserole from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with additional maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 375 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 231mg cholesterol, 382mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 21, 2017
Oh this is tasty! Definitely a keeper.
Jan 2, 2016
This recipe was delicious but I had to extend my baking time. The time it said to bake it was not long enough the eggs were still not set. Another 20 minutes did the trick.
Nov 22, 2015
Simple, tasty brunch dish. My husband isn't a huge fan of cream cheese so this was too much cream cheese for him.