Strawberry Banana Crepes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, milk and eggs. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter. Stir batter; pour about 2 tablespoons into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining batter, add butter to a skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes on paper towels with waxed paper in between.
- In a large bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Spread 2 rounded tablespoonfuls on each crepe; roll up. In a large bowl, combine topping ingredients; spoon with crepes.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 328 calories, 17g fat (12g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 9, 2018
This was a real treat! . Upon previewing another crepe recipe, I added 1/4 tsp salt and 2 T. melted butter to the crepe batter. Quick chilling in the freezer for about 20 min. works well for those of us who don't plan ahead!
Feb 15, 2018
Can the crepes be frozen without the filling,And thawed for a later time ?
Mar 24, 2017
These were so easy to make and tasted like they came from a fancy restaurant. I've never chilled the batter before and I couldn't believe how much easier it was to work with!
Jun 30, 2016
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best. I have made many crepes over the years, these were really nice. Chilling the batter helps make it very forgiving, and easy to work with. A keeper for sure
Apr 20, 2013
I Couldn't believe how simple. I've been afraid to attempt a crepe. Can't wait to make again.</p>
Feb 14, 2013
Sep 11, 2010
Awesome! We make this a lot! A little sweet, IMO, for breakfast though so I cut back the sugar in the filling.
Feb 24, 2010
This is a simple recipe , we put the strawberries and bananas inside the crepes, kids were hungry so i didn't chill the batter but it didn't seem to affect the outcome, yummy and fast.
Jun 22, 2009
This was so yummy I will be making this again!
Feb 11, 2009
that sounds good. im going to try that!