Chocolate Cherry Crepes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, ground
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine pie filling and almond extract; cover and refrigerate until chilled. For crepes, place the milk, eggs, butter, almonds and flour in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour about 2 tablespoons batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry and bottom is golden brown; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. Stack cooled crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- For the filling, in a mixing bowl, beat cream and melted chocolate until soft peaks form. Spoon about 2 tablespoons over each crepe; roll up. Top with cherry mixture and sprinkle with slivered almonds.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 433 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 23, 2008
Typical German dessert...they always looked so good and sweet and gooey....But I was always disappointed because they were never sweet. When my husband was stationed in Germany many years ago, I was disappointed everytime. They looked so wonderful...and tasted so bad. This sounds like a good recipe IF you add sugar so it will taste as good as it looks.