Caramel Apple Crepes
Caramel and apple are such a popular flavor combination. When combined with store-bought crepes that are filled with a rich cream cheese mixture, you have a superb dessert or brunch item.—Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup maple syrup, divided
- 6 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 prepared crepes (9 inches), warmed
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add brown sugar and 2 tablespoons syrup; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add apples; cook until apples are tender.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, cinnamon and remaining syrup until smooth. Spread over crepes. Fold crepes into quarters and serve with apple mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 filled crepe (calculated without cinnamon-sugar): 277 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Caramel Apple Crepes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.