Creamy Banana Crepes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- BANANA FILLING:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- SOUR CREAM FILLING:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Additional confectioners' sugar and toasted almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the water, milk, eggs, butter and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 3 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook for 1-2 minutes until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- In a small skillet, heat butter and brown sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add bananas; toss to coat. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and confectioners' sugar. Spread over each crepe. Spoon banana filling over sour cream filling; sprinkle with almonds. Roll up crepes; sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar and toasted almonds.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 434 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
May 12, 2016
Absolutely amazing!!!I took a trip to Chicago and ate banana cream crepes at Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe and I instantly fell in love!! Came back home and I just HAD TO find a way of making them and THANK GOD your recipe was as perfect as theirs... Thank you so much!
Nov 2, 2012
YUMMY!My kids love it.
Jan 29, 2011
YUM!! Not a disappointed taste bud to be found.
Jul 11, 2010
These weren't bad. Had a hard time getting the brown sugar to melt for the bananas but the over all taste was very good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.