Strawberry Creme Crepes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Cook: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs, butter and extract. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in extract and, if desired, food coloring. Cool. Add strawberries.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth; fold in whipped cream. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoons of filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Top with strawberry topping.
Mar 8, 2020
These crepes looked and tasted wonderful! They take a bit of time but are well worth it. Make sure the cream cheese is nice and softened when mixing the filling ingredients. I did not have any strawberry extract so used vanilla extract instead and they turned out great. I sprinkled some blanched almonds on top for some added flavor and texture.
Jan 4, 2020
Delicious! I made these crepes for breakfast on New Year’s Day for overnight guests and they were a huge hit! Absolutely delicious and worth the effort! I will be making these again for sure!
Nov 11, 2019
These crepes are divine. They are a lot of work, but well worth it for a special occasion:) Try them with various kinds of fresh fruit.
Oct 26, 2019
The crepes were awesome! I think my pan was too hot because I couldn't coat the pan with the batter, it was already halfway cooked I poured the batter in, so my crepes were thicker than they are supposed to be. The filling was DELICIOUS and we really enjoyed this recipe.
Oct 10, 2018
I made these using a can of Blueberry pie filling for the topping. Awesome..
Aug 1, 2015
These are absolutely delicious! My only complaint is the strawberry extract tastes fake to me so I leave that out. Everyone loves these when I make them, my 10 year old son loves helping me make the crepes. You must make these!
Jun 1, 2015
Mar 11, 2015
This recipe is excellent! I just wouldn't add any sugar to the batter, since the filling is so sweet itselg. I scaled down the recipe half way and next time I will use 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar to make it less sweet, otherwise it's a very smooth and delicious dessert :)
Dec 5, 2014
Everyone who ate this was blown away by how good it is. My family couldn't get enough of the cream cheese filling, it's delicious!
Jul 2, 2014