Strawberry Creme Crepes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Cook: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs, butter and extract. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in extract and, if desired, food coloring. Cool. Add strawberries.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth; fold in whipped cream. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoons of filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Top with strawberry topping.
Nutrition Facts2 crepes: 413 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Nov 11, 2019
These crepes are divine. They are a lot of work, but well worth it for a special occasion:) Try them with various kinds of fresh fruit.
Oct 26, 2019
The crepes were awesome! I think my pan was too hot because I couldn't coat the pan with the batter, it was already halfway cooked I poured the batter in, so my crepes were thicker than they are supposed to be. The filling was DELICIOUS and we really enjoyed this recipe.
Sep 1, 2019
This dish looks fancy and tastes fancy! I like making the crepes and topping ahead of time, so that there is less to do come serving time. The filling is quite yummy!
Oct 10, 2018
I made these using a can of Blueberry pie filling for the topping. Awesome..
Aug 1, 2015
These are absolutely delicious! My only complaint is the strawberry extract tastes fake to me so I leave that out. Everyone loves these when I make them, my 10 year old son loves helping me make the crepes. You must make these!
Jun 1, 2015
Mar 11, 2015
This recipe is excellent! I just wouldn't add any sugar to the batter, since the filling is so sweet itselg. I scaled down the recipe half way and next time I will use 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar to make it less sweet, otherwise it's a very smooth and delicious dessert :)
Dec 5, 2014
Everyone who ate this was blown away by how good it is. My family couldn't get enough of the cream cheese filling, it's delicious!
Jul 2, 2014
Jan 22, 2014
I just used the crepe portion of this recipe because I wanted to use some apples up. It's one of the best crepe recipes I have found. I can't waite for organic strawberries to be in season to try it with strawberry cream.