Creamy Strawberry French Toast Bake
I love this recipe because on Sunday mornings I like to take it easy but I still want my family to have a nice breakfast. This allows me to sleep in and feel like I'm a great mom at the same time. Win!—Alynn Hansen, Mona, Utah
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf (1 pound) cinnamon bread, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Toss 2 cups strawberries with sugar. In another bowl, beat the next 5 ingredients until smooth. Place half the bread in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spoon cream cheese mixture over bread. Layer with strawberry mixture and remaining bread. Whisk eggs and cream until blended; pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Top with whipped cream and remaining strawberries.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 431 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 160mg cholesterol, 382mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Strawberry French Toast Bake in Breakfast & Brunch 2016 Bookazine