Strawberries ‘n’ Cream Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in strawberries and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Pour into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 199 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 2, 2019
This bread turned out nicely!! I added some strawberry extract with the vanilla for some extra berry flavor!
May 2, 2018
Nice bread recipe. Very moist. I followed the recipe with the exception of adding a few more strawberries. I will make this again.
Jul 25, 2016
Baked this yesterday with strawberries that were in the fridge for a few days. It turned out great!! Didn't add nuts and I did use one cup of strawberries. I baked it in three mini loaf pans so it was done in about 40 minutes. Delicious!! Would definitely be baking this again!
Jun 2, 2016
This bread is sooo good! It is so moist, with a great flavor. I love the cinnamon in it. I don't put the nuts in. I make it for my family and friends and they all love it! I also make a sugarless version, replacing the sugar with agave sweetener and increasing the flour to 2 cups, and it is still really yummy! I definitely agree with reducing the cooking time, as mentioned in other reviews. I also bake mine in smaller loaf pans, to help it bake more evenly.
Apr 30, 2016
I made this delicious bread today. This is a keeper. I made a few adjustments after reading the reviews. I used 1 1/4 cups finely diced strawberries and I set my timer for 47 minutes. It was done. I'm glad I didn't overcook it. It is always easier to add time, if needed. I used pecans instead of walnuts. Don't leave the nuts off the top. It makes this bread delicious.I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home.
Apr 13, 2016
I gave it 4 stars as the recipe is written. It needed more strawberries. I put in 1 cup, but I think it needs at least a cup and a half berries.
Jul 6, 2015
I read the reviews before making this recipe, and I took everyone's advice on using 1 cup of berries. I also mashed up about a quarter cup of berries and threw that into the mix, and I omitted the nuts. I made the recipe as muffins instead of bread, with a streusel topping. They turned out so good! I am definitely making them again. Thanks for the recipe!
Jul 12, 2013
Overall taste of the bread was good, but it definitely needs more berries. I also thought the recommended bake time was too long. I baked mine for 60 minutes and it was a tad over done, but not burnt.
Jul 9, 2013
After reading other reviews, I was disappointed with this bread. Just thought it was okay. It did not slice well...very crumbly.
Apr 24, 2012
This was very easy to make and tasted great.