Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large firm bananas
- Additonal oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk and oil. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture until smooth. Cut bananas into quarters (about 2 in. long). Dip each banana piece into batter to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry banana pieces, two to three at a time, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Sep 22, 2011
I have not made this one. My mother made banana fritters where she made a sweet thick pancake batter, mashed the bananas and added them then dropped them in a deep fryer by spoonfuls. She made a sweet white sauce to go over them but I need someone's expert advice on how to make the sauce since she has passed away and I forgot the ingredients. They were the best banana fritters in the world.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.