Cheesy Chicken Crepes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups whole milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- In a large bowl, combine the milk and eggs. Add flour and salt to milk mixture and mix well. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 1/4 cup batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- For filling, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until mushrooms are tender; set aside. In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine the flour and rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in the mayonnaise until blended. Cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes. Gradually stir in 1-1/2 cups milk. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add 1 cup cheese; stir until melted. Remove from the heat; add chicken and the mushroom mixture.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each crepe. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, heat remaining milk and cheese over medium-low heat, until cheese is melted, stirring constantly. Pour over crepes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 635 calories, 44g fat (16g saturated fat), 215mg cholesterol, 886mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Dec 27, 2010
This recipe doesn't take any talent...just time! These crepes are amazing and every single time I make them for company, they are a hit. I leave out the mushrooms in a couple for myself and you could also add some other favorite ingredients. LOVE this!