Hot N Cheesy Chicken Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 24 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour into an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish; top with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes; spoon 1/3 cup onto each bun.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 299 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 621mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 8, 2018
These were delicious! I mixed everything except the cheese the night before due to time constraints of having family over to our house. The next morning, I put them in a crockpot on high to heat the chicken mixture through and then added just 2 cups of Velveeta. After it was heated through, I switched the crockpot to low. Total crockpot time was around 4 hours. I used a red pepper instead of a green one to give it more color. I had many requests for the recipe and I will definitely be making this again!