Hot N Cheesy Chicken Sandwiches
Here's a nice change of pace from traditional chicken sandwiches. Cream of mushroom soup gives a rich homey flavor, and vegetables add just the right amount of crunch.—Nancy Frederiksen, Springfield, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 24 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour into an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish; top with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes; spoon 1/3 cup onto each bun.