Cheesy Chicken Subs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 envelope Parmesan Italian or Caesar salad dressing mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 submarine buns, split and toasted
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Place chicken in a large bowl; sprinkle with salad dressing mix. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 3 minutes. Add chicken; saute for 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Spoon mixture onto bun bottoms; top with cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 709 calories, 29g fat (9g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1478mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Mar 31, 2017
My husband and I thought these were kind of bland. Like they were missing something.
Jan 3, 2017
This is an easy recipe. Everyone I serve it to likes it. I usually use Italian dressing mix since it's easier to find.
Jan 12, 2016
I used standard Italian dressing mix. It was wonderful.
Feb 8, 2011
Yum! I have made these numerous times and they are always a hit. I use zesty italain dressing mix, though. Very good, quick and easy!
Mar 15, 2010
Served this for our dinner tonight and hubby loved them Tasty, quick and easy dinner. Served with a fruit salad and raw veggies.
Feb 7, 2010
Loved the sub but I did used Ranch salad dressing mix instead because that was the only flavor I had. Will definitely make it again. Thanks for sharing.