Chicken Broccoli Crepes
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears, cooked and drained
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a small bowl, beat the milk, eggs and butter. Combine flour and salt; add to egg mixture and beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet. Stir batter; pour 1/4 cup into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in 2 cups of cheese. Cook and stir for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream until smooth.
- Place four broccoli spears and 1/3 cup of chicken down the center of each crepe; top with 1/3 cup cheese sauce. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining cheese sauce over crepes; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 1104 calories, 73g fat (47g saturated fat), 409mg cholesterol, 1538mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 60g protein.
Jul 9, 2010
I substituted whole wheat flour in crepes and used low fat dairy in everything to bring down the fat content. Just as yummy!
Feb 9, 2010
I made these divine crepes twice before I was able to view the nutritional facts. Egads! I may never make them again, but it won't be because I don't want to!