Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1-1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, eggs, egg substitute, milk and salt until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat an 8-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray; pour about 1/4 cup batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, coat with cooking spray as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add zucchini; saute 2-3 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in tomatoes, 1 cup of cheese, salt, oregano and pepper.
- Spoon onto crepes and roll up. Arrange in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread spaghetti sauce over crepes.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 264 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 900mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 25, 2012
this is the best savory crepe we ever had very tasty and healthy
Jul 8, 2010
Wonderful recipe, husband loved it too. Although he doesn't like green peppers, I just replaced them with more zucchini. I also used Jack cheese instead of cheddar. Will pass this on to my family!