Chicken with Cranberries
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge the chicken. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter until browned on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the cranberries, water, brown sugar, vinegar and nutmeg; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Place chicken on top; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. To serve, spoon cranberry mixture over chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 222 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Aug 15, 2016
This is the only stove-top recipe I use for any chicken dish with cranberries! Serve over rice with a salad to make a quick complete meal. Delicious!
Aug 21, 2012
Absolutely fantastic......I didn't change a thing!!
Jan 21, 2011
I made this recipe as written, using fresh cranberries, and my husband and I enjoyed it. For my preferences, I might use slightly less flour, butter, and brown sugar next. But, all in all, a tasty meal - great for a family dinner or a casual meal with friends.