Cranberry-Apple Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cranberry juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Mix cinnamon, nutmeg and pie spice; rub over chops. Place pork in a large resealable plastic bag; add 1/2 cup each apple and cranberry juices. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain chops, discarding marinade. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat; brown chops on both sides.
- Add apple, cranberries, salt and remaining juices; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 7-10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145° and apple is tender, turning once. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 3/4 cup sauce: 254 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 9, 2012
My husband and I thought this recipe had good flavor and is healthy too.
Oct 27, 2011
I doubled this recipe for my family of four, but we couldn't even finish the meal. The cranberries were so tart my mouth puckered up, and the cinnamon/nutmeg/pie spice rub made the chops taste even more bitter. Not a keeper.