Cinnamon-Apple Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Remove chops; keep warm. Add apples, pecans, brown sugar mixture and remaining butter to pan; cook and stir until apples are tender. Serve with chops.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 2/3 cup apple mixture: 316 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 20, 2019
A grown-up version of pork chops and applesauce. My family loves it. It’s worth the extra effort.
Jun 16, 2018
Quite a tasty meal that is visually appealing. It's very easy to make and practically cooks itself on medium heat. After the first time, you can adjust/balance your apples and brown sugar to taste.
Mar 25, 2018
Easy to prepare. Flavor of pecans with the apples a perfect pairing for the chops. Definitely a keeper.
Feb 23, 2018
Fantastic taste and presentation! I usually make applesauce to go with pork chops, but this was easier and faster. Except for a sandwich, this was the quickest meal I've ever made. I did find it necessary to add a little water when making the sauce.
Feb 9, 2018
A new favorite!
Jan 16, 2018
This is a new way to make pork chops, but a delicious way! Nice blend of apples and spices. I used McIntosh apples and the flavors of the spices are great! I used Blue Bonnet Margarine because I had it on hand. I also omitted the pecans. The pork chops were also nice and moist! This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Oct 9, 2017
This is the easiest and most delicious dish to make. I don't care for pork chops, but I loved these. Served it with sweet pototoes and green beans, quite healthy .
Sep 28, 2017
Great fall recipe wouldn't change a thing.
Jun 8, 2017
My husband's favorite pork chop recipe. Easy to cook and have ingredients in my pantry. Great taste with pork, apples, sauce and pecans. I add pork back while apples get soft to keep them warm. Delicious!
Mar 30, 2017
We really liked this recipe. Very tasty and easy to make.