Cinnamon-Apple Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Remove chops; keep warm. Add apples, pecans, brown sugar mixture and remaining butter to pan; cook and stir until apples are tender. Serve with chops.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 2/3 cup apple mixture: 316 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 16, 2018
Quite a tasty meal that is visually appealing. It's very easy to make and practically cooks itself on medium heat. After the first time, you can adjust/balance your apples and brown sugar to taste.
Mar 25, 2018
Easy to prepare. Flavor of pecans with the apples a perfect pairing for the chops. Definitely a keeper.
Feb 23, 2018
Fantastic taste and presentation! I usually make applesauce to go with pork chops, but this was easier and faster. Except for a sandwich, this was the quickest meal I've ever made. I did find it necessary to add a little water when making the sauce.
Feb 9, 2018
A new favorite!
Jan 16, 2018
This is a new way to make pork chops, but a delicious way! Nice blend of apples and spices. I used McIntosh apples and the flavors of the spices are great! I used Blue Bonnet Margarine because I had it on hand. I also omitted the pecans. The pork chops were also nice and moist! This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Oct 9, 2017
This is the easiest and most delicious dish to make. I don't care for pork chops, but I loved these. Served it with sweet pototoes and green beans, quite healthy .
Sep 28, 2017
Great fall recipe wouldn't change a thing.
Jun 8, 2017
My husband's favorite pork chop recipe. Easy to cook and have ingredients in my pantry. Great taste with pork, apples, sauce and pecans. I add pork back while apples get soft to keep them warm. Delicious!
Mar 30, 2017
We really liked this recipe. Very tasty and easy to make.
Jan 25, 2017
this recipe looks good!!!