Skillet Apple Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 medium apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork chops and apple; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145° and apple is golden brown. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with chops and apple.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 218 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Jun 20, 2014
This was a good, healthy recipe but my family didn't care for the crushed red pepper. Thought it made it too hot and took away from the apple flavor.
Oct 19, 2012
This was really good! I didn't have sage.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.