Pork Chops Skillet
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork in butter for 4-6 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute onion in drippings until tender. Add 3/4 cup water; stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in the honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Return pork to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-10 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 237 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Mar 23, 2016
Was looking for something different and found this recipe. I'm not a huge mustard fan but figured I would give it a try. I followed the recipe except I doubled everything from the honey down because I used 12 boneless chops. When cooking it smelled too much like mustard for me so I did put a squeeze more of honey in it. I didn't need to add the cornstarch as it thicken on its own. We all enjoyed this.
Jan 19, 2016
This was okay... too salty for our liking.
Mar 27, 2015
This was so easy, quick and YUMMY! Will definitely make again and again. Thanks for sharing!!!!
Apr 5, 2011
VERY EASY AND VERY GOOD. DOESN'T TAKE A LOT OF TIME OR INGREDIENTS. MY HUSBAND AND I LOVE IT!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.