Quick Apple-Glazed Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- Combine the first eight ingredients; rub over both sides of pork chops. Cook in batches on an indoor grill coated with cooking spray for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat jelly until warmed; brush over pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 283 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 522mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Apr 13, 2018
So quick and tasty! I cooked them on a George Forman-type grill, so only had to cook 3-4 minutes total since it cooks both sides at the same time. Made it super quick!
Dec 18, 2015
I've been making these for several years, perfect every time! It does take longer to cook than the 8 minutes suggested but that may be because of the thickness of the pork chops.
Feb 12, 2013
I used homemade apple cinnamon jelly to make these, and they were divine. The taste may be overly sweet for some, but for us it was a perfect treat. They're also very good even without the glaze. I immediately added this recipe to my rotation.
Sep 16, 2012
I made this recipe on a whim and it was AMAZING! Making it again tonight!
Jan 16, 2012
this has become a weekly favorite at our house thanks!!!
Sep 18, 2011
my husband suggested using mushrooms instead of the apples. I really liked the sauce and would try it again with mushrooms and maybe use chicken.
May 19, 2010
We didn't have the apple jelly on hand, but I went ahead and made it without. The pork chops were savored by all.
Mar 9, 2010
This recipe is simple and delicious. I personally prefer a little less paprika, and added some pepper for some zing. Thanks!
Feb 8, 2010
A favorite at my house! Quick and easy with common ingredients.
Jan 5, 2010
My hubby loved this as well as my two girls! This is a make again meal at our house!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.