Fruit-Glazed Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot or peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, preserves, corn syrup, mustard and cloves; set aside.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. On a lightly oiled grill, grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with sauce mixture. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 336 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Apr 10, 2014
Easy delicious dinner for weeknight! I used regular mustard but will also experiment as suggested with Dijon. Would also be good on chicken.
May 16, 2010
These were so easy and delicious!!!
May 13, 2010
Has anyone tried this recipe with dijon mustard instead of prepared? I've used dijon and apricot preserves together before but never prepared yellow mustard.
May 13, 2010
I used chicken quarters and the sauce was just the spark it needed. Thanks for a great recipe. I'll definitely try this with pork.
May 12, 2010
Fruit glazed pork chops is a simple, easy recipe to make and one my family does any time we have pork chops and the right ingredients. It's a delicious dinner and one we'll be keeping for a long, long time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.