Apple-Leek Pork Chops
"The sweet and savory combination of apples and leeks goes so well with these golden pork chops," says Elaine Williams of Sebastopol, California. "This dish is nice served with rice."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium tart green apple, sliced
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups hot cooked long grain and wild rice mix
- In a nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil for 3-4 minutes. Turn chops; add apple and leek. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the apple juice, orange zest, rosemary, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 508 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1282mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Originally published as Apple-Leek Pork Chops in Light & Tasty Premiere 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.