Applesauce-Glazed Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place pork chops in a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl; spoon over chops.
- Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 chop: 295 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
May 16, 2020
Easy and simple.
Oct 6, 2019
Did not like.
Oct 2, 2019
My husband and I love this recipe! You can't go wrong with pork chops and applesauce!
Jun 7, 2019
These pork chops were delicious! Juicy and full of flavor. I used thick, boneless pork chops, and I needed to cook them a bit longer than the instructions stated.
Apr 20, 2019
The sauce for these pork chops was delicious! I had a small amount of applesauce left from another recipe and these tender mild barbecue with a slight apple taste pork chops were a great way to use it.
Apr 26, 2016
Full of flavor
Oct 5, 2015
"Good stuff!"<------ a direct quote from my husband. This one's a keeper. I cut the recipe in half for the two of us. I also added about ten minutes to the cooking time since my chops were at least an inch thick.
Mar 5, 2015
It was good I added ginger and cinnamon to the sauce with a side of broccoli the husband loved it
Oct 29, 2014
I quadrupled the glaze. My chops were frozen and about 3/4" thick so took them about 1hr. So delicious. I also took them out every 20mins to rotate because I had them in 9x9 baking dishes, but I'd follow the recipe if I had the bigger dish and thinner chops. THANKS!!!
Oct 23, 2014
[email protected] made this tonight with home made applesauce. My family loved the flavor and very moist chops. Next time i I will have to double the recipe.