Lime-Glazed Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine marmalade, jalapeno, lime juice and ginger; cook and stir over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until marmalade is melted.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, brushing with glaze during the last 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with lime wedges.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 303 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Feb 27, 2016
I made these last night for dinner. I followed the recipe exactly with no changes. I did broil them and they did take longer than the recipe said to get the internal temp to 145*. I served with basmati rice and scalloped spinach. Will definitely make again. This glaze will be good on chicken thighs also!
Nov 2, 2015
A great combination of sweet and heat! I used about 1/2 a teaspoon of powdered ginger and a little bit of chopped candied ginger in place of the fresh gingerroot. The candied ginger bits gave an extra bit of sweetness to the dish and gave a little relief to the exceptionally spicy jalepeno that came from my garden! Other changes I made were using a little more than 1/3 cup of marmalade and boneless pork chops in place of bone-in.My husband really liked this dish which is saying something for a guy who generally dislikes sweet and savory/spicy! I'll be adding this to our list of favorite ways to make pork chops!
Aug 9, 2015
I really liked the flavor of the glaze, but I expected it to have more of punch. It was easy to make and nice way to dress up every day pork chops.
Jun 25, 2015
Very good recipe and easy to make. The only thing I changed was using 1 tbsp of fresh ginger. I cooked them on the BBQ. Served with salad and Forbidden rice (also called black rice).
Jun 8, 2015
Nice flavor, thanks for the good recipe!
Apr 27, 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.