Orange-Glazed Pork Chops
"This recipe from my niece is not only a snap to prepare, it's delicious, too," says field editor Nila Towler of Baird, Texas. A sweet orange glaze perks up these tender pork chops, and there's plenty of sauce to flavor the accompanying rice as well.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown chops in oil on both sides. Combine brown sugar and orange juice concentrate; pour over the chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until the meat juices run clear. Serve pork and sauce over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 531 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (80g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Orange-Glazed Pork Chops in Taste of Home August/September 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.