Glazed Pork Chops with Corn Bread Dressing
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3 cups crushed corn bread stuffing
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, bring broth, onion, corn, celery and cayenne to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in stuffing.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with pork chops. Combine brown sugar and mustard; spread over chops. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 2/3 cup stuffing: 389 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 516mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Aug 21, 2014
My mom used to always make this recipe for my sister's birthday- it was her request every year! However, I'm not sure where the idea came from (because the recipe was Taste of Home)- she used a box of Stove Top cornbread stuffing mixed with a can of creamed corn. I'm making it now- so yummy and comforting!
Feb 23, 2014
Very tasty and so easy to make. Great comfort food! Thanks for sharing!
Sep 15, 2012
Great Taste. Very easy and fast to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.