Glazed Pork Chops with Corn Bread Dressing
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3 cups crushed corn bread stuffing
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, bring broth, onion, corn, celery and cayenne to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in stuffing.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with pork chops. Combine brown sugar and mustard; spread over chops. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 2/3 cup stuffing: 389 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 516mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Jul 29, 2019
Very good. Next time I will add more mustard to the glaze.
Aug 21, 2014
My mom used to always make this recipe for my sister's birthday- it was her request every year! However, I'm not sure where the idea came from (because the recipe was Taste of Home)- she used a box of Stove Top cornbread stuffing mixed with a can of creamed corn. I'm making it now- so yummy and comforting!
Feb 23, 2014
Very tasty and so easy to make. Great comfort food! Thanks for sharing!
Sep 15, 2012
Great Taste. Very easy and fast to make.