Jalapeno Jelly-Glazed Pork Chops
Jalapeno jelly makes a fabulous glaze. The chops have a beautiful golden color, and my husband says they're good enough to keep everyone quiet at the dinner table. —Shannon Bruce, Mooresville, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons jalapeno pepper jelly, divided
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place green beans in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; toss with oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Roast 15-20 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with the remaining salt and pepper. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add chops; cook, uncovered, 4 minutes. Turn chops over; spread tops with half of the jalapeno jelly.
- Cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Turn chops over; spread tops with remaining jelly. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with green beans.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 328 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Jalapeno Jelly Glazed Pork Chops in Taste of Home September/October 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.