Salsa Skillet Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh whole kernel corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Brown chops on both sides in batches.
- Return all chops to pan. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/2 cup corn mixture: 366 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 548mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch.
Nov 1, 2015
Definitely quick and easy. Don't overcook your pork chops!!
Mar 29, 2015
Made this exactly as the recipe says. It was really good!!! So easy to prepare and I love that!! I'm going to try it with chicken the next time. Thanks for sharing!!
Sep 22, 2013
I serve the Pork Chop over white rice and it is so good. My family loves it.
Aug 3, 2013
Great flavor. I will be trying this same recipe but using chicken instead of pork to switch things up. This was also very easy to put together.
Jul 11, 2013
I had chicken breasts on hand so I used them. It was a very good recipe and I had everything I needed on hand!
Jun 27, 2013
Very Tasty dish. Somethng different than just a plain pork chop. My family loves veggies so I did add tomatoes, onions, garlic and peppers. I grilled the pork chops first and finished them off in the sauce. Some fresh cilantro at the end really made the dish.
Jun 11, 2013
A great weeknight meal! Quick and healthful, with great taste and bright flavors. My only addition to the recipe is to brine the chops 6-8 hrs. ahead of time (to tenderize them), and to add some sliced scallions on top, just before serving.
Jun 10, 2013
I used frozen corn. was super easy and tasty :)
Jun 10, 2013
This was quite tasty and colorful. I like cumin so I would add a touch more than the recipe calls for. In addition to the salad, I also served with pineapple tidbits. Everyone cleaned their plate.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.