Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) crushed stuffing mix
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling with cinnamon
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, prepare stuffing according to package directions. Spread pie filling into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place the pork chops on top; spoon stuffing over chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake until a thermometer reads 145°, about 10 minutes longer. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 300 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 15, 2020
I have used home canned filling and regular apples. Quick weeknight dinner!
Oct 12, 2019
This is a great recipe, but my family found the canned apple pie filling too sweet. I instead sliced up 2 or 3 apples in the bottom of baking dish and sprinkled them with some cinnamon and sugar to taste. I followed the rest of the recipe as written.
Aug 11, 2019
I found this recipe years ago, first time I made it accordingly. I know make my own apple pie filling instead of out of a can. So much better! Family favorite!
Apr 22, 2019
Delicious. Made it with apple pie filling and now with Cinnamon flavored chunky applesauce. Wow. Real easy to make and only a fry pan, measuring cup and casserole dish to wash. My kind of cooking. Great for company and this recipe will impress anyone who like pork chops.
Mar 25, 2018
I made this recipe as written using pre-seasoned pork. The pork turned out tender and moist. The apple and cinnamon flavor complimented the pork and stuffing. I plan to make it again!
Dec 14, 2017
A coworker gave me this recipe years ago. I can't find apple pie filling with cinnamon so I just sprinkle cinnamon on top of plain apple pie filling. I forgot to add the stuffing one time and the dish was still delicious!
Sep 4, 2017
Worst meal I've ever made. No taste what so ever. Total waste of expensive meat. Should have made on the grill or baked with oven fry. Won't make again.
Aug 11, 2017
Sooooo good! I used sugar free apple pie filling and sprinkled some cinnamon on top. I'll be making this again and again.
Oct 1, 2016
Could this work in a slow cooker to make really tender chops?
Sep 10, 2016
This is a GREAT recipe. Best of all , it is so easy! You can't go wrong with this one.