Stuffed Pork Chops with Gravy
"A savory stuffing and gravy make these chops nice enough for a birthday dinner or other special occasion," assures Shirley Itz of Fredericksburg, Texas. "It's usually just my husband and I enjoy these moist chops, but I've been known to triple the recipe when our grown children and their families come by for dinner."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned stuffing croutons
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a skillet, saute celery and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Transfer to a bowl. Add croutons, milk, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper. Cut a pocket in each pork chop; fill with stuffing.
- In a skillet, brown chops in remaining butter. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Pour broth into dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Pour the pan drippings into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into drippings. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 339 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 744mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Jul 12, 2010
Excellent pork chops, stuffing is great. One tablespoon of cornstarch is plenty.
Jun 2, 2010
This recipe is so good for two, but I've doubled and even tripled it with equally good results.