Stuffing-Stuffed Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 2 cups cooked stuffing
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing almost to the bone. Fill each chop with 1/2 cup stuffing; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Sprinkle with pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove pork chops and set aside. Keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook garlic and thyme in pan drippings over medium heat for 1 minute. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Gradually add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove toothpicks from pork chops; serve chops with gravy.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pork chop with 1/4 cup gravy: 540 calories, 25g fat (7g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 791mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 47g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 11, 2016
My family loved these tender, tasty chops and want me to make them again soon. I'm not fond of wine in sauces and so made my own pork gravy. I really couldn't believe how tender and juice they were. I cook a lot and this is now one of my favourite dishes. Five stars plus!
Mar 13, 2015
We loved these tender pork chops! I used the chicken broth instead of the wine and the gravy was wonderful.
Nov 20, 2014
This was very good, I will make this again. The pork chops turned out perfect. I used the chicken broth for the gravy.
Nov 20, 2014
This was very good, I will make this again. The pork chops turned out perfect.
Sep 19, 2014
Going to make this for supper tonight. sounds really good. mily is going to enjoy this. ani have made stuffed cops i never have had the gravy. They are going to be really surprised and i will get 5 stars on the meal. can't wait to make it. thank you toh for this recipe.
Nov 15, 2013
Great for everyday meals but jassed up a dab
Oct 11, 2011
I did like this a lot but I used the white wine in the gravy and I wasn't prepared for wine taste to the gravy. Next time I will only use the chicken broth and no wine. Other than that it was wonderful. I used a plain stuffing from Bells and was glad because adding the spices in the recipe there was plenty of flavor.