Taco Skillet Pizza with Cornbread Crust
Our family loves taco pizza, and I have made so many versions of it. This recipe is like a deep-dish skillet pizza. It's a hearty meal and can be served straight out of the pan. — Pamela Shank, Parkersburg, West Virginia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 package (6 ounces) Mexican-style corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/3 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- TOPPINGS: torn romaine, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, chopped onion, chopped cilantro and fried tortilla strips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in beans, salsa and taco seasoning; keep warm. Wipe skillet clean.
- Prepare corn bread mix according to package directions; stir in crushed tortilla chips. Pour into skillet. Bake until set, 12-15 minutes. Spread ground beef mixture over corn bread to within 1-in. of edges; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown, 3-5 minutes. Serve with toppings.