Cheddar Skillet Cornbread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes1 loaf (12 wedges)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) cornbread/muffin mix
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place butter into a deep 10-in. ovenproof skillet. Place in a 400° oven for 4-6 minutes or until melted.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cornbread mix, eggs, milk and yogurt until blended. Stir in corn and cheese. Pour into hot skillet.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into wedges.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and honey. Serve with warm cornbread.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 9, 2018
We had this cornbread tonight and found it a little on the dense side. Other than that, it was delicious. I did use a 16 oz. box of cornbread mix instead of the two small boxes. I will try using the two small boxes next time. However, it was delicious and we both cleaned our plates. Volunteer Field Editor