Cornbread Chili Bake
My husband has loved this recipe since the day we were married. He requests it often. It's easy to make, and I usually have the ingredients on hand.—Becky Grubaugh, Newton, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- Place chili beans in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with onion and cheese. Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Corn Bread Chili Bake in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.