Green Chili Cornbread
I serve this wonderful cornbread with honey butter to help tone down the bread's spiciness.—Tracy Golder, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine cornbread mix, egg and butter. Stir in the corn, chilies, cheese and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and honey. Serve with warm bread.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 388 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Green Chili Corn Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2002