Spicy Jalapeno Bread
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (16 slices each)
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (3-1/2 ounces) whole jalapenos, chopped
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- Cut bread dough into 1-in. pieces. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to mix well. Spoon into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm if desired.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 51 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 27, 2017
My family loves this one.Seems I never make enough.
Jul 27, 2017
This is one of our favorite recipes. I panicked because I want to make it and have all my cookbooks packed away because we're moving. I remembered that Taste of Home had all the recipes on-line, so "Thank you Taste of Home". When I make this bread, I omit the corn and reduce the amount of Jalapenos. It's just our personal preference. I'm sure it's equally as delicious as the original recipe is printed.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.