Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 4 large Eggland's Best eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cornbread mix and onion. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to the cornbread mixture just until moistened. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until lightly browned and the edges pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 159 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Sep 6, 2015
I have made this several times for my family, as well as, potlucks. It is always a crowd pleaser and has people asking for the recipe. It is definitely a keeper!
Jul 2, 2015
I took this to a potluck and it was gone in no time! My family doesn't like spicy food so I omit the onion and jalapeno. It's definitely a keeper.
Jan 25, 2015
I took this to a Chili Cook-off last night as a side. Everybody loved it. I made as posted and it was very moist & had lots of flavor. Even people that do not eat cornbread loved this one. Thanks for sharing.
Feb 5, 2013
I served this recipe for company and my 89 year old parents, everyone loved it! Everyone wanted the recipe, a definite keeper!
Jan 16, 2013
I have not made this as yet, can't seem to find Cornbread mix in Canada. Do you know where I can get it?
May 20, 2012
If you want a mexican corn bread, this is the best! I use Krusteaz honey cornbread mix - it's the best!
Mar 17, 2011
I have taken this to many church dinners and have always been asked to give the recipe to someone. My husband loves this!
Nov 7, 2010
Awesome cornbread..nice and moist with super flavor and texture
Oct 21, 2010
WOW! This is like restaurant quality cornbread. Going to make it again soon with ribs! YUMMY!!!
Nov 1, 2009
I made this recipe for the first time a couple years ago, and it has become a staple for my family! They love it, and always request I make it on the holidays. Thanks so much!