Corny Corn Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in corn and onion.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 290 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 13, 2013
I knew better...1 c. of oil? Nope, shouldn't have done it. The cornbread was oily from top to bottom. Completely inedible.
Nov 8, 2010
I usually make this to go along with the Heartwarming Chili (also here on TOH). With a large family, I'm glad it makes a lot. It is very moist & really yummy and we just love the corn baked right into it.