Taco Cornbread Squares
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups cooked Taco-Seasoned Meat
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the cornbread mix, egg and milk until blended. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Combine taco meat and beans; spread over corn bread. Combine sour cream, 1 cup cheese and onion; spread over meat mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with the tomato, lettuce, olives and remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 630 calories, 33g fat (15g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 1506mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 7g fiber), 30g protein.
Sep 28, 2016
I have made this dish several times. It's a hit with all age groups (grandma me to 3rd grader and all in between). I usually make my own cornbread recipe rather than use a mix. I accidentally doubled the sour cream last time and it was even better. Thanks Denise!
May 30, 2013
I have made it three times now. One thing I added was the corn bead to the top of the dish also. It is awesome. I love and depend on your page. I also post your recipes with your link to my "Self Transcendence "Page on Facebook. My followers love your recipes too. thanks, Dora
Apr 16, 2013
I am definitely going to make his recipe soon. Just got the recipe.
Jan 26, 2013
I'VE MADE THIS OVER&OVER MY HUSBANDLOVES IT. AFTER COMBINE THE HAMBURGER & REFRIED BEANS HAD A LITTLE WATER TO THE MIXTURE FOR IT BE MORE SPREADABLE ON TOP OF THE CORNBREAD.( SINCE REFRIED BEANS ISTHICK)
Jul 2, 2012
made this tonight, looked nothing like the picture of course, would double the sour cream, but tasted awesome!
Apr 28, 2012
I like things on the hot side, so I place chopped jalopanos in the cornbread. Way good
Feb 10, 2011
delicious! will try the spicy refried beans next time for a zip. everyone loved it.
Aug 20, 2010
I never expected this recipe to be such a big hit!! I have made it twice already! Everyone loves this recipe! I didnt change a thing! I cant wait to make it again for my church potluck!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.