- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tubes (11-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated cornbread or plain twists
- Shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes and sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add beans, tomato sauce and chili powder. Simmer, uncovered, until liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat; cool. Stir in the pimientos, chilies and cheese; set aside.
- Sprinkle two greased 14-in. pizza pans with cornmeal. Pat cornbread dough into a 14-in. circle on each pan. With a sharp knife, cut a 7-in. "X" in the center of the dough. Cut another 7-in. "X" to form eight pie-shaped wedges in the center.
- Spoon filling around edge of dough. Fold points of dough over filling; tuck under ring and pinch to seal (filling will be visible).
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream.
1 piece: 176 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.