Total TimePrep: 50 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 4 cups shredded pizza cheese blend or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 32 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Additional pizza sauce for dipping, warmed, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, sausage, pepperoni, peppers and onion. Stir in pizza sauce until combined. Place about 1/4 cup filling in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water and roll up tightly to seal.
- In a deep-sided cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry pizza rolls until golden brown, 1-2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. If desired, serve with additional pizza sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 297 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 27, 2019
Fantastic and I use my air fryer to make them a little healthier.
Jan 10, 2019
Tried for the first time, I liked the combo and crispness of the wrapper when fried, they were a substantial roll so I will try to make smaller versions the next time.i will make them again!
May 25, 2018
These were very good and I will be using the recipe frequently. Divided the recipe in half and I couldn't be more pleased!
May 2, 2018
These are way better than the store bought (but what isn't?). I tried freezing them after they were fried and they came out soggy. Freezing them before frying works best.
Feb 26, 2018
My kids loved this! They prefer this over the store bought pizza rolls.
Jan 18, 2018
These are great Egg Rolls and a nice change from the traditional Chinese style. The only change I made was cooking minced garlic with the peppers and adding red pepper flakes with the seasoning. I also used I my Air Fryer once rolled instead of deep frying in oil. They turned out fabulous.
Dec 29, 2017
Can't wait to try these. I'll make and freeze then heat in my air fryer
Nov 19, 2017
I have made these hundreds of thousands of times. Okay, that might be an exaggeration, but that's how good they are. Labor intensive at first, but I made these in 2006 for my daughter's 16th birthday party, and they were easy to just pop into my Fry Daddy and have ready to eat for all the guests (many adults attended, and were like little kids all over again). Excellent recipe, and it makes a lot. They freeze very well.
Aug 15, 2017
Has anyone ever tried baking these and if so at what temp and how long.
May 23, 2017
Great appetizer. It goes quickly and multiple requests to make it again for the next event. I wouldn't change a thing. The recipe is perfect as is.