Bread Machine Dinner Rolls
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- EGG WASH:
- 1 large egg
- 4 teaspoons water
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting. Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons water or flour if needed.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide and shape into 24 balls. Roll each into an 8-in. rope; tie into a loose knot. Tuck ends under.
- Place 1-1/2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°.
- For egg wash, in a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over rolls. Bake 8-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks; serve warm.
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 98 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 25, 2020
I made these rolls yesterday following the recipe and they were excellent! Whole family loved them. Th hanky’s Becky! I will be making them again. The only thing I changed was oven at 375 bc my oven runs hot. Delish!
Nov 26, 2015
Made these rolls last night for dinner today. They were amazing soft and fluffy. I highly recommend them.
May 20, 2014
These were absolutely delicious! I will be making these again and again (and again)! Thank you Taste of Home for always having the best recipes... and thanks to Becky for sharing! YUM