Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1-2/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded pizza cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- In a small skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and peppers in oil until tender; cool. When bread machine cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll each portion into a 16x10-in. rectangle; spread with pizza sauce. Top with the onion mixture, pepperoni, pizza cheese and olives. Roll up each rectangle jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut each into 12 slices (discard end pieces).
- Place slices cut side down in two greased 9-in. round baking pans or 10-in. cast-iron skillets. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
To make dough without a bread machine, dissolve yeast in warm water (110°-115°). Add milk powder, sugar, shortening, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Proceed with recipe as written.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 144 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 1, 2013
My family and I loved these rolls. They were easy and fun to make.
May 9, 2010
WE love this recipe. i have to double it to feed all my brothers. i usually just make a homeade sauce, spread it on the dough, sprinkle with olives, cheese, and pepperoni then roll up and slice. i sprinkle the tops with any leftover sauce and extra cheese!!! very yummy!!!! never fails!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.