Mozzarella Cornbread Pizza
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) cornbread/muffin mix
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place zucchini in a colander over a bowl; sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and toss. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Press zucchini and blot dry with paper towels; transfer to a large bowl. Add muffin mixes, eggs, pepper and remaining salt; stir until blended. Spread evenly into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with red pepper, olives and green onions. Sprinkle with herbs and cheese. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 366 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 912mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein.
Jul 13, 2016
This is a great recipe! We added toppings to fit our family's tastes (like fresh baby spinach and pepperoni). I never would have thought of making pizza this way, but it's very good! I'll be making this again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.