Sunday Chops and Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups water
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 6 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, combine water, celery, 6 tablespoons butter and onion. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in stuffing cubes. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork chops on both sides. Arrange over stuffing. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, toss apples with brown sugar and pie spice; place over pork chops. Dot with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 600 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 1018mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein.
Mar 2, 2019
I seasoned the Pork chops before browning. I also used a boxed stuffing. My husband loved it. Will make again.
Oct 18, 2018
this was really good! I did use store bought "stove top" pork stuffing mix and I also added some chopped pecans to the stuffing. I will be making this regularly and husband agrees. Loved it
Jan 25, 2016
The pork chops came out too dry. I think I will try again, but next time only baking 20 minutes instead of 30 minutes. I liked the taste of the stuffing with the apples.I also used a stove top stuffing mix and made according to directions and placed around the pork chops. I dotted the top with butter. Maybe my chops weighed less than 7 oz. - I didn't weigh them before baking.
Mar 23, 2015
I saut? the onions and celery in a large skillet, added the water and brought to a boil and poured over the stuffing mix that I had added poultry seasoning to. I put that in a oiled pan and followed the recipe as written. I did not expect to like this, thought it would be too sweet. it was very good and my husband loved it. Will definitely make again.
Nov 16, 2014
Average flavor. Not making it again.
Oct 27, 2014
I'm about the only one in the house who love pork chops. I made this anyway, everyone finished it. I didn't use the baking dish instead, after removing brown chops I sweated the onion and celery in the same pan. The assembled the stuffing in the pan also. then place it all in the oven. I'm always trying to eliminate extra clean up.
Oct 20, 2014
Delicious! I marinated the chops in apple juice with 1T. apple cider vinegar before baking. They were moist and tender!
Oct 20, 2014
I made this for dinner last night and it was wonderful. I will definitely make this again.
Oct 20, 2014
I made this last night and it was delicious!!!!! I doubled the recipe and didn't change any of the ingredients. Fabulous!!!!! Thank you!!!
Oct 19, 2014
We had this tonight & it was WONDERFUL! Because it was just the 2 of us, I halved it for 2.