Pork Loin with Spinach Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Set aside 1/2 cup spinach for sauce. In a skillet, saute onion, garlic and remaining spinach in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs and salt.
- Separate roast into two pieces; spoon spinach mixture onto one piece of meat. Top with second piece; tie with kitchen string. Place in a shallow roasting pan.
- Combine the orange juice, soy sauce and ketchup; pour half over roast. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Baste with remaining orange juice mixture. Cover and bake 1 hour longer or until a thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- In a saucepan, combine the sour cream, horseradish, mustard, seasoned salt, dill and reserved spinach. Cook over medium heat just until heated through (do not boil). Serve warm with pork.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 254 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 27, 2018
Fabulous meal that's great for a holiday dinner! Assembles quickly. Works well with either frozen or fresh spinach. We didn't have dill weed but that didn't matter in the long run. We make this all the time.
Mar 30, 2014
Dec 21, 2011
This recipe has been used for at least the last 2 Christmas dinners and going to use it again this year. Guests LOVE this recipe.
Dec 15, 2010
I can't count how many times I've made this recipe,my family loves it and it never fails to impress company.
Apr 4, 2010
By the way, the leftovers are delicious thin-sliced in sandwiches the next day!
Feb 4, 2010
Have served this several times to company and everyone loved it.