Spinach & Gouda-Stuffed Pork Cutlets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 pork sirloin cutlets (3 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices smoked Gouda cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons horseradish mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle tops of cutlets with salt and pepper. Layer end of each with Gouda cheese and spinach. Fold cutlets in half, enclosing filling; secure with toothpicks. Brush mustard over outsides of pork; dip in bread crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and pork is tender, 12-15 minutes. Discard toothpicks before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed cutlet: 299 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 898mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 22, 2016
perfect for Pork cutlet. My Dad just loved this
Jan 16, 2016
Sooooo good - had to use mozzarella as I didn't have Gouda on hand. It was awesome and I can't wait to make it again with Gouda
Jan 4, 2016
I really liked that this was for two people but could easily be multiplied for more. I followed the recipe just as written and it was great. The meat was tender and the flavors melded well. On top of it, it was so easy. Highly recommend it.
Dec 9, 2015
This is such an ingenious idea, folding a cutlet in half to create a "stuffed" cutlet that I just had to try it. And being a recipe that can easily be made for one, made it even more appealing. Fearing that the pork would dry out, I put a tin foil over the pork for the first five minutes and then removed the foil for the browning to take place. That worked really well, so the meat was nice and moist as well as browned on top. I omitted the salt and added a few drops of sriracha sauce. Wonderful