Asparagus-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon each onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, seasoned salt and poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 cup water
- 8 to 10 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; set aside. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of pork tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open so meat lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic; sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon seasoning mix over meat.
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Drain asparagus and immediately place in ice water; drain and pat dry. Place asparagus lengthwise over tenderloin.
- Fold meat over asparagus, starting with a long side, and secure with kitchen string. Sprinkle with remaining seasoning. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 201 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Jun 22, 2014
Loved it. So tasty and easy.
Nov 7, 2010
the whole family loved it i have 3 kids that are very pickey eaters and never want to sit still long enough to eat but they all ate and kept asking for more until it was gone
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.