Asparagus-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Asparagus looks lovely tucked inside this juicy pork tenderloin. The robust seasoning rub dresses up an eye-catching entree you'll be proud to serve for a special occasions. —Tonya Farmer of Iowa City, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon each onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, seasoned salt and poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 cup water
- 8 to 10 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; set aside. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of pork tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open so meat lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic; sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon seasoning mix over meat.
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Drain asparagus and immediately place in ice water; drain and pat dry. Place asparagus lengthwise over tenderloin.
- Fold meat over asparagus, starting with a long side, and secure with kitchen string. Sprinkle with remaining seasoning. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 201 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Jun 22, 2014
Loved it. So tasty and easy.
Nov 7, 2010
the whole family loved it i have 3 kids that are very pickey eaters and never want to sit still long enough to eat but they all ate and kept asking for more until it was gone