Stuffed Spinach Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with salt and basil. Roll out bread dough to a 13x10-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with meat mixture. Top with spinach; sprinkle with cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal and tuck ends under.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° until crust is golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 270 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 688mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 3, 2017
The only reason that I gave this recipe a 4 out of 5 is due to the fact that I had to modify the recipe in order to get it right in my preparation. I made this twice and the first time it ended up coming unsealed due to the wrong measurements of filling. I love the taste and my husband asks for this now when asking what he wants me to cook him for dinner.
Mar 17, 2011
When my husband and I met, he raved about his mother's "spinach loaf", I had no clue what he was talking about, so I had to ask her for the recipe. This is almost the same recipe, the entire family LOVES when it's o the menu for dinner!
Jan 10, 2011
This is the best ever! I always brush the dough with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds before baking. Or poppy seeds, caraway seeds and more......