Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Additional paprika, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheeses, onion, garlic, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Carefully loosen the skin on one side of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Stuff each breast with 1/2 cup spinach mixture.
- Place chicken skin side up in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Combine the oil, paprika, oregano and thyme; brush over chicken. Sprinkle with additional paprika if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted into the breast meat reads 170° and juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 461 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 53g protein.
Aug 5, 2013
This is one of my favorite chicken recipes that I have tried from this cookbook so far. I substituted mozzarella cheese for the Swiss, and I omitted the ricotta. I also added diced mushrooms. I will definitely keep this recipe.
Nov 30, 2012
This was dinner tonight... MMMmmm good! I used 4 skin-on, bone-in thighs and 3 skin-on, bone-in breasts. It was DELICIOSO! I served it with garlic-onion bow-tie pasta (I sauteed fresh garlic cloves with fineley diced onion and simmered it in olive oil. Then tossed bow-tie pasta & grated parm til pasta was coated... mmmmm) and canned asparagus. It was another thumbs up meal! I used 1 tsp italian seasoning instead of 1/2 oregano, 1/2 thyme b/c I didn't have thyme. I hope you all enjoy! I know we did!
Feb 4, 2010
I change the recipe to eliminate the fat. I used skinless boneless chicken so I flatened them out and put the spinach on them and rolled them up and then baked them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.